Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Reading, Reading...

I just finished Daniel Palmer's DELIRIOUS and what fun it was.

      Delirious

Charlie, a driven executive in a technological firm, discovers a plot to murder several people, a plot that he supposedly orchestrated. He has no memory of doing so, and is terrified of ending up like his schizophrenic brother. Did he commit the murders? Is he losing his mind? It's a well-written, action-packed ride, incorporating psychology and technology.

I had in my mind that I was going to read UNFAMILIAR FISHES by Sarah Vowell next, and had actually grabbed a copy to take home with me. I love her writing, SHE does all the research, WE get to read and enjoy her learning and wit.

      Unfamiliar Fishes

But then another new book caught my eye. BLOOD, BONES & BUTTER: The Inadvertent Education of a Reluctant Chef by Gabrielle Hamilton beckoned. Hmmm. There were RAVE comments on the back cover by Anthony Bourdain...Mario Batali...

Anthony Bourdain says...
"Magnificent. Simply the best memoir by a chef ever. Ever."

Mario Batali says...
"I will read this book to my children and then burn all the books I have written for pretending to be anything even close to this. After that I will apply for a dishwasher job at Prune to learn from my new queen."

      Blood, Bones & Butter: The Inadvertent Education of a Reluctant Chef

So that is what I brought home...I am eager to get started...

I will come back to Sarah Vowell!

Thanks for reading the blog! You can send email to: 2of3RsATgmailDOTcom.

No comments:

Post a Comment