Friday, April 20, 2012

A Little Morning Time


This morning I sat down at the computer with a little time to work on the blog.

Over the last couple of months I've had less time (and less energy) to focus on the blog. My partner, Therapist, has had some schedule changes at her work. I've had schedule changes at my work. Family health concerns have taken time (and energy!). Add all that to the daily chores, dog walking, food prep for work lunches, cleaning, and so on and...well, the blog has taken a bit of a backseat and I have been exhausted.

So I was eager (if still tired) to sit down at the computer today. I worked on a blog post about authors and publishers posting on our facebook page (this post coming soon!), another one on World Book Night (also coming soon!), and made brief start on another blog post about a Mother's Day question at work. I felt a little scattered, as none of the posts felt ready enough for me to post them today (this is the "author" part of the "blauthor" in me). I didn't quite have enough time to finish any of them.

I also wanted to email some friends to whom I owe a response, but did not, as I didn't have that much time. And I looked at notes I'd scrawled late last night about possible future blog posts. And just now I saw a note I'd written from a customer interaction that I want to write about (which dealt with CATCHING FIRE as a gift for a young girl...). I also want to write about what I'm reading (Anne Lamott's newest about her son having a son)...augh! Feeling a little scattered. And unfocused.

So I got no blog posts finished (except this one), and lots of ideas percolating in my mind. I have to be satisfied that this morning was a step in the right direction.

Thanks for stopping by the blog! You can send us email: 2of3Rs(AT)gmail.(DOT)com. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment