Friday, April 27, 2012

A Gift for a Girl

A woman came up to me in the aisle of the bookstore holding a copy of CATCHING FIREicon. She had bobbed, dyed brown hair, and was wearing a brown sweater.

       

"I'm getting this as a gift," she told me. Her voice got quieter as she leaned in toward me, "It's for a girl who just became a woman today. I wanted to get her something to mark the day. A book is good, right?"

"Sure," I said, "I think it's a great idea. And I really like Katniss who is the heroine in the Hunger Games series. She's strong and tough. A nice change from some other, more passive main characters. I think it's great that you're getting her a gift for this day."

"Well, I just wanted to do something for her. I know she read the first one in the series. This seemed like a good choice."

Thanks for stopping by the blog! You can "like" us on our facebook page, NOT the New York Times Book Review. You can subscribe to the blog on this page, and you can send us email: 2of3Rs(AT)gmail(DOT)com.

No comments:

Post a Comment