Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Saddest Return of the Day

A slender young woman, with long auburn hair, wearing a light yellow sweater, came up to the counter with a book. It was The Best Baby Names Treasury by Emily Larson.

        The The Best Baby Names Treasury

"I lost the baby, so I won't be needing this. I was hoping to be able to return it," she said, matter-of-factly. I could see the receipt sticking out of the pages of the book.

"I'm so sorry. Yes, of course, no problem at all," I said, glad that there was a receipt, making the return an easy one.

"My mother gave the book to me. Here's the receipt."

"Great, no problem, here you go," I said, giving her her money back. She didn't say another word as she walked out of the store.

Thanks for reading the blog! You can send email to: 2of3RsATgmailDOTcom

No comments:

Post a Comment