Monday, September 20, 2010

2010 Reads



I've read the 47 books below so far in 2010. They are listed in the order in which I read them...

The Murderer's Daughters by Randy Susan Meyers
The Last Chinese Chef by Nicole Mones
The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
Even the Dogs by Jon McGregor
Cowboy and Wills by Monica Holloway
Changing My Mind by Zadie Smith
Eternal on the Water by Joseph Monninger
One Amazing Thing by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
Secrets of Eden by Chris Bohjalian
The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
Impatient With Desire by Gabrielle Burton
Imperfect Endings by Zoe Fitzgerald Carter
Tweak by Nic Sheff
Mathilda Savitch by Victor Lodato
I Want to be Left Behind by Brenda Peterson
I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
Divine Misfortune by A. Lee Martinez
Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery
The Map of True Places by Brunonia Barry
Making Rounds with Oscar by David Dosa
Every Last One by Anna Quindlen
Interred With Their Bones by Jennifer Lee Carrell
A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick
The Scent of Rain and Lightning by Nancy Pickard
Scent of the Missing by Susannah Charleson
Broken Glass Park by Alina Bronsky
Will Grayson Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
Tipping the Velvet by Sarah Waters
The Things That Keep Us Here by Carla Buckley
The House of Tomorrow by Peter Bognanni
The Passage by Justin Cronin
Tinkers by Paul Harding
The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly
I'm Sorry You Feel That Way by Diana Joseph
Tender at the Bone by Ruth Reichl
Unfinished Business by Lee Kravitz
The Magicians by Lev Grossman
One Good Dog by Susan Wilson
Super Sad True Love Story by Gary Shteyngart
Drinking: A Love Story by Caroline Knapp
Through a Dog's Eyes by Jennifer Arnold
The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
A Fierce Radiance by Lauren Belfer
The Bucolic Plague by Josh Kilmer-Purcell
The Stars My Destination by Alfred Bester
The Nimrod Flip Out by Etgar Keret (strange and at the same time lovely stories)
John Dies at the End by David Wong (comedy! horror!)

Right now I'm reading Jonathan Franzen's Freedom, which, by the way, I started before Oprah selected it as her most recent book club pick (not that it matters).

                                             Freedom: A Novel

For my birthday I received Carolyn Parkhurst's The Nobodies Album, Sara Gruen's Ape House and I Thought You Were Dead by Pete Nelson, all tantalizing me from the shelf.

The Nobodies Album          Ape House: A Novel

I also want to read a book called The Wave by Susan Casey, about huge ocean waves, kind of science-y and seems to combine some story with weather/ocean science, etc., maybe along the lines of A Perfect Storm. It looks fascinating and it starts well.

                                     

Right now I don't feel as though I can read fast enough. There truly are too many books, and not enough time...

NOTE: You can email Bibliophile at 2of3RsATgmailDOTcom. I'd love to hear from you!
Look for us on Facebook - NOT The New York Times Book Review - we have our own page!

No comments:

Post a Comment