Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Language of Flowers - A Gift


I read THE LANGUAGE OF FLOWERSicon when it first came out. I really enjoyed Vanessa Diffenbaugh's story of Victoria, a florist with a rough background who learns about life as well as the symbolic meanings of flowers.

       

At the bookstore last night, a woman with dark shoulder-length hair, wearing a black jacket, brought THE LANGUAGE OF FLOWERSicon to the register.

I looked at the book and said, "Oh, I really liked this."

"I thought it would be appropriate," she said. "There's a woman where I workout who is just wonderful. She brings flowers every Monday to cheer up the place. She was just diagnosed with cancer. So I thought we could all sign the book and give it to her."

"Oh, wow," I said. "I'm so sorry. This sounds like the perfect book to give to her, though."

"Well, she always brightens everyone else's day." She shrugged. "It doesn't seem like much to do for her."

"I think it's a really nice idea."

"Well, thanks," she said.

"You're welcome," I said. "Have a good night."

That conversation brightened my day.

Clicking on the book cover will take you to Amazon's web page for the book. Clicking on the underlined book cover may take you to the Barnes and Noble page for the book. Purchasing through these links helps support the blog. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment