Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Beauty of Trees, Indeed!


Last night a man came into the store. Short dark hair, wearing a brown shirt, and holding his phone, he waited behind the customer I was helping. The interaction took a while, so the man with the phone left the line and wandered around the front of the store. I finished with the first customer and I didn't see the man with the brown shirt. About half an hour later, he came back up to the register.

"I'm looking for a book," he said. "And I can't seem to find it."

"Sure," I said. "What's the title?"

"It's THE BEAUTY OF TREESicon by Michael Jordan."

I looked it up on the computer, and saw this stunning cover...

        

"We don't have it in the store, but it is on order. What a beautiful book! It looks as though we will be carrying it. Hmm, it looks like we ordered it in August and we haven't gotten it yet," I said.

"Yes, the publisher didn't release it until August." He paused. "I took the picture on the cover."

"Oh, wow!", I said. "That is an incredible photo! Where was it taken?"

"At Portland's Japanese Garden, almost exactly three years ago, so just about this time of year." He gave a small smile.

"It is a gorgeous photo! Do you have other photos in the book?", I asked.

He almost blushed, and was still smiling, "I do. The publisher said they'd send me a few free copies, but I haven't gotten them. I wanted to see it, so I came here."

"Well, there are plenty of copies in the warehouse, so it looks to me as though they should be arriving any time." I searched further. "And, it is slated to be on display on that big table right over there, so it will be featured for the holidays."

He turned to look at the table and smiled again. "That's great."

"I can order one for you if you'd like, but the store is getting some, And if the publisher is supposed to be sending them to you anyway...maybe you'll get them soon!"

"I think I'll just check back in the store. Thank you so much for looking it up."

"You're very welcome! And congratulations!"

Clicking on the book cover will take you to Amazon's web page for the book. Clicking on the underlined book title may take you to Barnes and Noble's web page. You can "like" us on our facebook page and also send us email: 2of3Rs(AT)gamil(DOT)com. Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment