Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Book Bouncing


Therapist has accused me of book bouncing.

(It doesn't sound good that her blog posting name is "Therapist", does it? Makes book bouncing - or anything - sound so much worse coming from a therapist.)

I don't usually book bounce...I'll give a book a chance, read at least a third to half of the book and if I don't like it will stop reading, but if I have started reading and like it, I'll finish it. almost always. really.

But lately I've been book bouncing. I do this when I can't settle into a book. This is often when there are stressful things going on in my life.

Right now I'm in the middle of a job change, my son is getting married next month and we've been dealing with some illness in the family. So a little bit of stress. Thus the book bouncing.

I started Gillian Flynn's SHARP OBJECTS about two weeks ago. I was enjoying it. Right in the middle of it, though, I detoured and read Libba Bray's BEAUTY QUEENS (fun!) and after that Carol Rifka Brunt's TELL THE WOLVES I'M HOME (very good). SHARP OBJECTS is still waiting.

I'm going to finish SHARP OBJECTS. I swear.

                    


Thanks for stopping by! Clicking on the book cover will take you to Amazon's web page for the book. Purchasing through these links helps support the blog. You can send us email: 2of3Rs(AT)gmail(DOT)com.

No comments:

Post a Comment