Tuesday, July 3, 2012
Who Doesn't Like to Receive an Award?
I just got an email saying I've been awarded the Liebster Award, presented by tubchairtimes at blogspot (http://tubchairtimes.blogspot.ca/2012/06/liebster-award.html)! How cool is that?
As part of receiving the award, there are questions to be answered. Fun!
Here are her questions (and my answers!):
1. Favourite place to curl up with a book?
On the couch, feet up, with something to eat. And yes, I know you're not supposed to eat and read, you're just supposed to concentrate on eating, but eating and reading is one of my favorite things.
2. What is your ultimate favorite food?
Impossible to choose just one. Steak. Salmon. Turkey with cranberry sauce. Stuffing. Ice cream from Salt and Straw (Oprah likes one of their flavors too). Chocolate. Everything Salad from Le Happy.
3. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging as a way to be disciplined about writing and have a creative outlet. Writing about books and reading? It's the best.
4. E-books or hard copies?
Both. I love books - the look, the feel, the personalities of books (have you seen the hardcover version of THE NIGHT CIRCUS? incredible). And, sometimes I love the ease and convenience of e-reading.
5. If you could be any animal which would you be?
A dog. Or a cat. And it would have to be our dog or cat because they have pretty good lives.
6. Which superhero would you most like to chill with?
Catwoman maybe? Or the Incredible Hulk?
7. Which planet would you most like to explore?
Jupiter. It's always intrigued me...it's so huge and it's got all those moons.
8. What band/musician would you love to see live?
Fun. Adele. Young@Heart. Gotye.
9. You get one wish upon a star, what is it?
That booksellers would be paid more. And world peace.
10. If you could be a character from any book, show, or movie, who would you be?
Katniss. Or Milo from The Phantom Tollbooth.
11. Today is your last day to live, if you could do anything (anything!) how would you spend your day?
Since I can do anything, I would know enough ahead so I could travel to a fabulous island with my loved ones. And the travel would be before the last day. I want the whole last day to BE there. I'd spend it by the ocean with the people most important to me, having fun and laughing. There would be rum punch.
And 11 random facts about me:
1. I've changed my name 4 times.
2. My hair used to be straight. Now it's curly.
3. I've lived in five states.
4. My brother is one year, one month, one week, and one day younger than me. (she said "random". I think this qualifies.)
5. I've taken classes in three different languages (French, Spanish, and German). I don't speak any of them well.
6. I don't really like beer.
7. I was married for 25 years and now am infinitely happier being with a woman.
8. I've been to Africa, Indonesia, Mexico, London, Canada, Alaska, Hawaii. There are more places to visit. I love to travel.
9. I love astronomy.
10. I taught third grade.
11. I love the ocean, not just warm, tropical beaches/ocean, but also chilly northern oceans and beaches.
Thank you, lemonstar, for the award!
And thank you for stopping by the blog! You can send email to: 2of3Rs(AT)gmail(DOT)com. You can also "like" us on our facebook page, NOT the New York Times Book Review.