Friday, March 30, 2012

P.S. What is a Blauthor?



Since my last post where I referred to myself as a "blauthor" (blog + author), I have been asked what it is that distinguishes a blauthor from a blogger.

Blogs, or weblogs, started out as a way for people to document what they were thinking in the moment. Quickly typing their thoughts into the computer, they could post them online immediately, proclaiming their unique take on life out into the world almost as soon as they could think it. The original idea of blogging seems to have morphed a bit into things like facebook status updates and tweets, though the term "blogger" still carries that connotation.

I have a blog. Unlike the original practice of bloggers, I never type type type and then immediately post. Quite often (and the most recent post was definitely an indication of this!), I write and revise and revise and write and revise again before posting. Thinking things through, wanting to say them 'just so', making sure I have no (or almost no!) errors in grammar, spelling or typing is how I roll. Less like a blog and more like an author. Thus, a blauthor.

That's how I look at it, anyway.

Thanks for stopping by the blog! You can subscribe directly to the blog here on this page. You can also "like" us on our facebook page, NOT the New York Times Book Review. And you can send us email: 2of3Rs(AT)gmail(DOT)com.

No comments:

Post a Comment