Thursday, January 27, 2011

Customers 17

Customer: Do you have the book about Robin Hood?

Me: A specific book about Robin Hood or just a book on Robin Hood?

Customer: No, a particular one. You know, it's about Robin Hood. I know it saw it in here...I think it was right over here when I was here before, but I could be wrong about that.

Me: If I put Robin Hood into the computer's search, I'll get lots of results...is it a kids' book? Fiction? Science Fiction/Fantasy?

Customer: No, it's not a kids' book. I don't know, I thought it was right over here before.

Me: Well, let me look...is the one you're looking for just called Robin Hood?

Customer: Yes, it's called Robin Hood. It's part of a trilogy.

Me: A trilogy? (ah, we might be getting somewhere) Do you know the name of the author? Or titles of the other books in the trilogy? Because, like I said, just putting in Robin Hood brings up a LOT of books.

Customer: Yes, the second one is called Scarlet and the third one is called Tuck.

Me: Ah. (searching) Here is it. Stephen Lawhead is the author. It's in science fiction/fantasy. We should have all of them. The first one is called Hood. (taking her over to the section) Here they are.

Customer: Oh, thank you! I never would have found them!

     Hood (The King Raven Trilogy, Book 1)   Scarlet (The King Raven, Book 2)   Tuck (The King Raven Trilogy)

Customer: I'm looking for books about eating well.

Me: Cookbooks? Or diet books?

Customer: Cookbooks. About eating well.

Me: We have a section in cookbooks about healthy eating...

Customer: No, no, it's called Eating Well.

Me: Oh, sorry. Let me look it up.

Customer: It's just called Eating Well. It's also a magazine. It's a pretty large book. Well, not that large. (she looked impatient with me)

Me: There are several books books with EatingWell as part of the title.

Customer: No, it's just called EatingWell. (adamant)

Me: (again) There are several books that look as though they are put out by the same people who do the magazine. I'm not seeing one that is just called EatingWell...There's The Essential EatingWell Cookbook, there's The Simple Art of EatingWell, there's The EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook, there's EatingWell Serves Two...

Customer: The title is just EatingWell.

Me: (walking over to the section) Let me show you what we have in stock...we have The Essential EatingWell Cookbook and The Simple Art of EatingWell...

Customer: (takes the second book) This is it! That's exactly it! Thank you so much!

Me: Sure. I'm glad we had it for you.

     The Simple Art of EatingWell: 400 Easy Recipes, Tips and Techniques for Delicious, Healthy Meals (EatingWell)   The EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook: 150 Delicious Recipes for Simple, Everyday Suppers in 45 Minutes or Less   The Essential EatingWell Cookbook: Good Carbs, Good Fats, Great Flavors (EatingWell)

Customer: I'm looking for this book. It says you have it here. (he holds out a phone with a tiny picture of a book. I can barely read the title)

Me: Do you have a product number for it?

Customer: I don't know, it's YOUR website.

Me: Okay, I'll try to look it up, can I see the title again, please? (I check the computer) Ah, it comes up but it's not in the store. I can order it for you.

Customer: Well it says right on it that you have it in the store. (and sure enough, there is a white banner across the corner of the book that says "In Store")

Me: I think that means that you can read it in the store on your electronic device. We don't actually have the book in the store, but I can order it for you.

Customer: Why would I want you to do that? For $9.99 I can get it as an e-book.

Me: You sure can. Okay, then.

        Acting -- Make It Your Business: How to Avoid Mistakes and Achieve Success As a Working Actor

Thanks for reading! You can send email to: 2of3RsATgmailDOTcom.

No comments:

Post a Comment