Wednesday, September 19, 2012

And Daddy Calls

Several weeks ago I blogged about Mommy Calls. The other night I answered the phone at the bookstore and got a Daddy call...

"My son has to do a report about Napoleon, so I'm trying to find some books for him about Napoleon for him. Do you have any?"

"How old is your son?", I asked, so that I'd know whether to look in the juvenile biography section, or adult history or biography section.

"He's 16," the man answered.

"Okay, I'm going to look up and see what we might have," I looked in our database and didn't see that we had any books just on Napoleon. I relayed the information to him. "I'm just going to go over to the sections and see what I can find," I said.

"Oh, that's great," he said.

I looked in the French history section and in biography. "I'm not seeing any books in French history or in our biography section that are just on Napoleon," I told him. "We have books about French history that will certainly include Napoleon, but none just on Napoleon. We can order something..."

"Well, no. He kind of needs it right away. I was hoping to pick something up for him today," he said. He sounded disappointed.

"Have you tried the library?", I asked, wondering why the son wasn't calling the bookstore himself.

"Um, well, he lost his library card," the man told me.

"Ah. Well, like I said, we do have some books on French history. He might have to look through them and see if they'd have the information he needs for his report."

"I guess I'll just come in and see what you have," he said. "Thanks for your help."

"Sure," I said. "Have a nice evening."

Thanks for checking out the blog! You can "like" us on our facebook page, NOT The New York Times Book Review. You can also send us email: 2of3Rs(AT)gmail(DOT)com.

No comments:

Post a Comment