Friday, March 6, 2015

Three New Books


I was wanting some fiction to read. I finished Michael Brandow's A Matter of Breeding and have been struggling with that review (stay tuned for that review!). My partner got me And the Band Played On, which I started, but the print is really small and even with my reading glasses, it's a been a little laborious. I also just finished The Sasquatch Hunter's Almanac, which I really enjoyed. The last trek to the library only netted me a DVD of Alien, the first in the franchise which I've never seen (I know, I know, so it's jolly well time I'm seeing it now, right?)

Today was a day off. I let myself go to Powell's. Not a trek I make often, as it takes half a day and I usually don't have (or allow myself) that kind of time. Today I did.

I brought home three tantalizing books, all ones that I am eager to read right now...

                

Two of the three were on my radar already. Orphan Train: Novel was one I've been eyeing for a while.

I read about The People in the Trees on one of the lists I posted on the blog's facebook page, and it sounded intriguing.

Kinder Than Solitude was new to me. But I liked the cover and it starts well.

So now the only decision is which to read first. Ah, sweet dilemma!

Thanks for stopping by! Check out our facebook page: NOT The New York Times Book Review. You can also send email to: 2of3Rs(AT)gmail(DOT)com. Happy reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment