Friday, January 9, 2015

Watership Down


This last holiday season at Whole Foods, we sold some stuffed plush animals. One of them was a beautiful, wild looking rabbit. One of my coworkers bought him as a gift for a friend's baby. She bought him because he reminded her of Hazel.

Ah, Hazel! And Fiver and Pipkin and Bigwig! It had been so long since I read Watership Down! It was great to reminisce about reading this great book.

I told my coworker/friend that it's such a hard book to describe. I told her that after I'd read it in high school and my mom asked what it was about, I told her (inadequately) that it was about a bunch of rabbits.

"Oh, but it's about so much more! Bravery and friendship and adventure...so much!"

       

And of course she was right right. I decided it was time to read Watership Down again. And so I am. A good way to start the year.

What are you reading to start 2015?

Thank you for stopping by! Be sure to check out our facebook page, NOT The New York Times Book Review. You can also send us email: 2of3Rs(AT)gmail(DOT)com. Happy reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment