Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Celebrating With Reading!


If you've been following the blog, you'll know that I left employment at the bookstore about seven months ago to work for in a different field, with an un-book related company.*

This has been a big change for me, having worked for bookstores for the last ten years of my life.

As changes often are, it's been mixed emotionally. It was time for me to leave the bookstore*, and this new company has been an exciting one to be part of. At the same time, it's meant learning new routines, getting to know new people, new operations, and discovering what I like and what I don't like. All of these changes have been an adjustment.

I haven't felt as though I've found my home with this company, the ideal position where I can utilize my unique set of skills and talents. And that's one reason I chose to work for this company, there are many opportunities for advancement and growth, which is exciting.

I have applied for several positions with this company. Today I had an interview and also found out that I got the job! I will be transferring to another store. It is closer to my home, which is a plus. In addition, there is a new job to learn and new team members to meet and work with and develop relationships with. It's all very exciting...and it's more change.

It all came about fairly quickly, so friends and family have all been doing their own thing...in other words, living their lives. Therapist left town today to spend time with her aging mother, a time she has to schedule far in advance. So I'm on my own tonight. I feel a bit celebratory, and I know what I'm going to do. I saved a bottle of Two Towns Rhubarbarian hard cider (a slightly tart and delicious seasonal cider produced by this excellent cider company out of Corvallis) and I am close to being done with the book I can't wait to get back to...Donna Tartt's THE SECRET HISTORY**.

It's raining outside, I have a fire in the fireplace, a dog and a cat, some excellent cider and a great book. Sounds like some good celebrating to me.

*This is a link to the blog post about leaving the bookstore: http://www.notthenewyorktimesbookreview.blogspot.com/2013/06/i-found-dime.html

**This is a link to the blog post about THE SECRET HISTORY: http://www.notthenewyorktimesbookreview.blogspot.com/2014/01/cant-wait-to-get-back-to-it.html)

Thanks for stopping by the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment