Thursday, April 25, 2013

Customers 38


A woman, maybe 60's, short greying brown hair, wearing a short sleeved beige sweater with gold yarn in it, asked for help with her Nook account. I was able to answer her question. She then asked for the Nook covers, as her Nook cover was getting pretty beat up.

"They are right over here," I said, "and all of them for your device are on sale for $15, which is great. Some of them were pretty spendy."

"Oh, that is great!", she said, "I'll have to look at them and see which one I want!"

I left her looking at the covers.

About fifteen minutes later she came up to the counter with a Nook cover in a case.

"Looks like you found one," I said.

"I did. I have breast cancer and look at the one I found!" She showed me the cover, a pink leather cover with a breast cancer ribbon design on the front. "It's perfect!", she said. "I just came from a chemo appointment and this is just the thing! And you helped me with my account!" She was smiling. "This just makes my day!"

"I'm so glad," I said, ringing up her purchase. "Take care."

"I will! Thank you so much!"

************************************

A man, 30's, dark hair and a moustache, wearing a cammo baseball cap and a light brown t-shirt, brought TRIDENT K9 WARRIORSicon to the counter to purchase...

     

"Oh, I've been looking at that, it really looks interesting," I said.

"I used to work with dogs in the Army," he said, "I was in bomb disposal for, let's see, ten years. I read a little bit of this," he said, pointing to the book, "and he seems to have gotten it right. I'm looking forward to reading it."

"That's good to know," I said.

"How many dogs did you get to work with?", I asked.

"Luckily, just one. Lots of other guys worked with a lot of dogs. You know, a lot of them don't make it in that kind of work." He looked sad.

"Ah. Right," I said, thinking how hard that must have been.

I wish I'd asked him the name of the dog.

Clicking on the book cover will take you to Amazon's web page for the book. Clicking on the underlined book cover may take you to Barnes and Noble's page for the book. Purchasing through these links helps support the blog. You can also send email to us: 2of3Rs(AT)gmail(DOT)com. Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment