Sunday, January 4, 2015

Case Histories


I've decided to try something a little different on the blog. In the past, I've written blog posts that included several small reviews of books I've read. They've often been titled "Notes on Some Books" or something similar. That's been fine, but what I think might work better (better in terms of people searching for reviews) is to write a blog post for each book individually. So that's what I'm trying this year. Let me know what you think!

Case Histories: A Novel by Kate Atkinson



The first three chapters of Case Histories: A Novel are three separate tragedy vignettes, all with unrelated characters. A small child disappears in the night with her stuffed blue mouse. A young woman is gunned down at her father's workplace. There is domestic violence.

We then meet Jackson, a detective, and events and players gradually come together and relationships and mysteries come clear. Atkinson keep the tension high as she gradually brings us details of each situation and character. A very good read.

Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to "like" our Facebook page, NOT The New York Times Book Review. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment