Saturday, February 13, 2010

A Valentine Customer

First customer of the day was a nice looking man in his 30's, wearing a fleece jacket and a knit cap. He came in and said, "Got any Valentine gift ideas?"

J said, "How about a gift card?"

I asked, "What does your significant other like?"

Customer said, "I dunno.", as he shrugged.

I asked, "Does she like mushy stuff? Hearts and candy?"

Customer said (again), "I dunno. Oh, wait, I think she's reading this...(Pride and Prejudice and Zombies)"

"Well, there's another book like that, Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters...", I said.

"Oh, that'd be good.", he said.

As he walked over to my register, he picked up a copy of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit magazine and started thumbing through it, as he was taking a long call on his cell phone that brakes and the importance of brakes because he tows a big boat behind his vehicle. After he got off the phone...

"I'd sure like to take this home, but I have a five and a nine year old at home, and they'd probably look at it."

"They probably would.", I said.

"Oh, boy, these girls are HOT! I wish I could take this home. Can't with the kids. The wife wouldn't mind. Hey, do you gift wrap? Oh, I'm looking for a book for me, do you have a book that teaches you how to ski jump?"

"I don't think so, but I can check and see what might be available."

There weren't any listed at all.

"I don't think they recommend learning how to ski jump from a book.", I said.

"Got any bookmarks?", he asked?

"Yes, we do, right over here", I said as I showed him. He chose a red leather bookmark that said Love on it.

"Can I get a gift receipt?", he asked? And, "Do you gift wrap?"

"Sure thing."



Put a lotta thought into the whole Valentine's Day thing, didya?

No comments:

Post a Comment